Iowa Act Early is the state campaign for the national Learn the Signs. Act Early. program to education parents and professionals about:
- Healthy childhood development
- Early warning signs of autism and other developmental disorders
- The importance of routine developmental screening
- Timely intervention when a concern is identified
Learn the Signs. Act Early. was developed by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the National Center of Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities in collaboration with the Health Resources and Services Administration.
As a parent, you know your child best. If your child is not meeting the milestones for his or her age or you think there could be a problem with the way your child plays, learns, act, or moves, talk to your doctor and share your concerns. Click here for information about how to talk to your doctor, milestone checklists, and validated developmental screening tools.
- Autism Case Training: A Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Curriculum
- Autism Case Training (Continuing Education Version)
- Autism Case Training Video Library
- Growth Chart (English and Spanish)
- Milestones Informational Card (English and Spanish)
- Milestone Moments Booklet (English)
- Milestone Moments Booklet (Spanish)
- Milestones Brochure (English)
- Milestones Brochure (Spanish)
- How to Help Your Child Fact Sheet (English and Spanish)
- How to Talk to Your Doctor Fact Sheet (English and Spanish)
- Amazing Me children's book (English)
- Amazing Me children's book (Spanish)
- My Child's Story
- Tips for Talking to Parents about Developmental Concerns (English)
- Tips for Talking to Parents about Developmental Concerns (Spanish)
- Watch Me! Celebrating Milestones and Sharing Concerns - Free online training course for early care and education providers. Includes tools and best practices for monitoring the development of children.